Additionally we are currently looking to hire people for the following positions.
Based in Henderson, West Auckland, Grinding Gear Games is searching for full-time Support Staff to handle a wide variety of customer service-related tasks.
This role involves:
- Moderating in-game chat and our forums.
- Assisting customers via email and private messages.
You will need to:
- Have exceptional communication skills.
- Be highly organised and hard working
- Have the ability to multitask and prioritise work when required
- Have excellent computer and technical skills
- Be seeking a long term position
- Have previous Customer Service experience
- Have extensive experience with Path of Exile and other online games
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.
Based in Henderson, West Auckland, Grinding Gear Games is searching for full-time Web Developer to help our current team.
We're looking for a strong PHP programmer to join our web team and to work on:
- Ongoing maintenance of the www.pathofexile.com site.
- Adding additional payment methods and other features.
- Further website-game integration.
- PHP MVC framework experience. Preferably Zend Framework but not essential.
- Database design, preferably PostgreSQL but not essential.
- Experience with linux highly desired.
- Bonus: experience with Doctrine 2, Compass, Sass, API design, RequireJS, nginx, memcached, client side technologies such as backbone.js.
Visual Effects Artist:
Grinding Gear Games is looking for an effects artist to create evocative visual effects in the 'dark and gritty' Path of Exile. You will develop real-time effects from concept to implementation and work to maintain a consistent aesthetic across all of the effects in the game. The ideal candidate has a firm grasp of color, texture, timing and impact as relates to FX and demonstrates an ability to sketch and storyboard to convey design ideas.
- Experience with creating consistently 'dark and gritty' FX using Photoshop, Maya, and in-game FX systems.
- Superior eye for lighting, value, color, details, and the ability to use them in creating efficient and impactful visual effects.
- Self-motivation, excellent communications skills, and able to work within a team.
- Positive attitude and able to receive and provide objective feedback.
- Passion for creating 'dark and gritty' spells and microtransactions.
- A passion for games
- Bonus: Experience creating real-time, in-game VFX for a variety of platforms from desktop to mobile. Previous game production experience.
Portfolio, and/or reel demonstrating relevant artistic skills required.
Must be willing to complete an art test if requested to do so.
Job Status: Full-Time
Location: Henderson, Auckland