Location: Titirangi, Auckland, New Zealand
Position Summary: Work on development and maintenance of a C++ game client for Windows/DirectX, and a C++ game server for Linux.
- Work closely with existing programmers to develop and maintain the game client and server.
- Participate in code review sessions to identify and fix defects in the code.
- Meet project deadlines and milestones as set by project leads.
- A bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Software Engineering is required.
- Some examples of either industry game development work or game-development/graphics hobby projects are required
- Proficiency in C++ is required
- Experience with Direct3D and linux are highly desired
- An understanding of client/server game architecture and the security concerns of networked game development is beneficial.
- Demonstrated ability to work with a high degree of self-direction.
- A general knowledge of the game production process. Experience in this area is preferred.
- Must be responsive to deadlines and work well under pressure.
- A passion for games